Rich Hickey on Are We There Yet?
- How to think about immutability and time.
- Presents some solutions with these restrictions in mind.
- Time-varying data.
Alan Kay on Graphical User Interfaces
- History of graphical user interfaces.
- Explore and discover new paradigms.
Bret Victor on Inventing on Principle
- Identify restrictions held by convention.
- Prefer visual representations that can be manipulated.
- Integrate text with ui.
Hal Abelson and Gerald Jay Sussman gives lectures for Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- These age-old lectures can still teach you a thing or two.
- Founded on Lambda Calculus, you’re gradually introduced to programming language paradigms and concepts many of todays languages, like C++11 and Java 8, just recently introduced (or will).
- All lectures are engagingly taught.